Job Title: Full-time Assistant Horticulturist
Posting date: January 20, 2017
Applications Due by: February 24, 2017
Chanticleer is seeking a motivated, skilled, and creative professional for a hands-on gardening position. The successful individual will work with our team of horticulturists, helping with design input, planting, and maintaining areas throughout the garden.
The position requires leadership, ability to work independently as well as in a team with other staff and/or contractors, and ability to manage one or more seasonal employees and or interns.
The successful candidate is organized, independent, with excellent interpersonal skills and work ethic, and interested in working in an environmentally friendly garden.
Chanticleer offers a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package in an excellent working environment with other talented professionals. Professional education and travel opportunities are available. This is a full-time (40 hours/week), year-round position that includes some weekend work. Chanticleer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Completed formal training in horticulture, landscape architecture, or a related field and have a minimum of three to five years work experience.
- Procurement of Pennsylvania pesticide technician license.
- Possess a valid state driver's license or id.
- Possess the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Able to work independently or with others on tasks.
- Able to lift 50 lbs or more.
- Competent operation of a variety of power equipment.
Apply:Please send a cover letter, resume, and work references to the following:
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Fax: 610-293-0149, attention Fran DiMarco
· Mail: 786 Church Rd., Wayne, PA 19087
Closed for the Season
The garden will open for the
2017 Season on Wednesday,
March 29, 2017.
2017 Season Passes Now Available
Purchase 2017 season passes before March 29 at the 2016 rate .
News & Events
March 27, 7pm
The Wayne Art Center
413 Maplewood Avenue
Wayne Pa, 19087
Aaron Bertelson presents
The Great Dixter Cookbook
Free of charge, seating is limited.
For more info...
Chanticleer is seeking a motivated, skilled, and creative professional for a Full-time Assistant Horticulturist position.
For more info...
The Art of Gardening
Chanticleer's new book,
The Art of Gardening, is available at book sellers everywhere, including Amazon.
Take a look at the journal of
Adolph G. Rosengarten, Jr. as he recorded the happenings of the day.
Chanticleer In the News
High praise from
The New York Times,
Chicago Tribune, Garden Design,
St. Catharines Standard, and FlipKey by Trip Advisor.